জীবন ও ক্যারিয়ার নিয়ে গড়া আমাদের ইউটিউব ভিডিও লাইব্রেরি – ভিজিট করুন।
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
These jobs are found in Cox’s Bazar. Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities.JOB PURPOSE
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money and quality Programme practices by the General Food Assistance team. Specifically, manage financial and administrative processes critical to ensure timely delivery of food to refugees.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The post holder will mainly support the General Food Assistance (GFA) team with administrative, financial and data management tasks. The main duties include but not limited to:
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems such as COMET, WINGS, SCOPE and Building Blocks.
- Raise PRCB in WINGS based on Quarterly General Food Assistance distribution plan.
- Support Programme team to monitor POCB balances and track overall GFA budget consumption in close collaboration with Resource Management and Finance Units.
- Support Retail team in raising Service Entry Sheets in POCB for transfer value after the completion of GFA distribution cycle.
- Follow up with GFA partners to receive Cash Forecasts and Invoices for each month.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Continue)
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Support Programme team with consolidating weekly vehicle request and timely submission to Transport unit.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to Programme colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies WFP personnel of visitor arrival;
- Any other duties assigned by the team
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Minimum preferably bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or any related field
Experience: A minimum of three years of progressively responsible work experience including at least two years in administration management related field
Knowledge & Skills:
Training and/or experience utilizing computer, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration.
Language: Excellent written and oral/communications skills in both English and Bangla. Fluency (level C) in English language.4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Computer literate in all Microsoft applications
- Fluency in oral Chittagonian/Rohingyan dialect
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration : 12 months
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary: BDT. 77466DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
7 May 2020.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.