জীবন ও ক্যারিয়ার নিয়ে গড়া আমাদের ইউটিউব ভিডিও লাইব্রেরি – ভিজিট করুন।
সুইসকন্টাক্ট বাংলাদেশের নতুন নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
Swisscontact was established in 1959 as an independent foundation by notable figures from the worlds of commerce and science in Switzerland. It is exclusively involved in international development co-operation and has carried out its own and mandated projects since 1961. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact currently employs over 1,400 staff worldwide and manages projects in 36 countries on behalf of public and private donors.
Swisscontact is inviting applications from development professionals, willing to serve as an Officer – Business Administration, to its upcoming innovative skills-development project, Building Skills for Unemployed and Underemployed Labour (B-SkillFUL) in Bangladesh. This is the Phase II of the project which will be funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). B-SkillFUL will support small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in selected sectors in Bangladesh to create quality employment opportunities for poor and disadvantaged individuals, and to access and utilise business development services (BDS) to improve their business performance. B-SkillFUL will also support the development of private sector led sustainable models for skilling and up-skilling workers to improve their working conditions. In addition, B-SkillFUL will play a catalytic role in initiating and anchoring a private sector led workforce development and enterprise modernisation process in Bangladesh.
Position: Officer – Business Administration, B-SkillFUL Phase II, Swisscontact Bangladesh
Location:Dhaka with visits to field locations
Duration: Initial contract of one year; based on performance, the contract will be extended up to May 2024
Reports to:Senior Manager – Business Administration, B-SkillFUL Phase II
Purpose of the Job
Officer – Business Administration will assist the Senior Manager – Business Administration and Coordinator – Logistics and Procurement in completing all day-to-day administrative tasks of the project. When required, s/he will also perform any other task(s), beyond the ones listed below, as assigned by the Senior Manager – Business Administration and Coordinator – Logistics and Procurement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Keep records of all original Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs), rental deeds, and insurance documents;
- File original signed copies of all vendor agreements; and
- Maintain updated files of utility bills.
- Ensure security of staff while at work (e.g. by ensuring placement of fire fighting equipment, etc.).
Human Resources (HR) Issues
- Ensure all HR documents and processes are in place and up-to-date as per the staff manual;
- Update personal files of local and expatriate staff; and
- Assist in the recruitment of new staff.
- Initiate office procurement as per the staff manual;
- Maintain stock of office supplies and undertake procurement as necessary;
- Prepare comparative statements and justifications for purchases;
- Prepare procurement requests for completeness and compliance (P1); and
- Prepare recommendations for payments (P2).
- Liaise with different vendors; and
- Liaise with landlord and negotiate lease.
- Provide logistics support for meetings/seminars/workshops, including arranging for transportation.
Inventory – Fixed Asset Register
- Update fixed asset register;
- Conduct quarterly physical verification of fixed assets; and
- Arrange for disposal of out of date and disposable items.
- Arrange procurement of domestic and international air tickets, make hotel bookings, handle visa issues, and maintain records of Travel Requests and Authorization Forms.
Skills and Experience
The individual must conform to the following qualifications and expertise:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 year professional experience in similar role(s) preferably in NGOs/INGOs;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Bangla;
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office programmes (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Is a team player but also has the ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask effectively under pressure;
- Demonstrates curiosity to learn and acquire knowledge from vastly different sources;
- Results orientated and good reporting skills;
- Attentive to details and quality of work;
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and is committed to Swisscontact’s core values; and
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity (including sensitivity towards people with disability).
Field visits play a large part in the incumbent’s activities; as such, it is expected that the incumbent is willing and able to take part in such activities as and when needed and sometimes under short notice.
This will be applicable in accordance to the Swisscontact Staff Manual.
Please email your application form along with a cover letter (elaborating your competencies for the position and your expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing Head of Business Administration, Swisscontact Bangladesh.
The job description and the application form can be downloaded from our website https://www.swisscontact.org/en/country/bangladesh/work-with-us/jobs.html. Please mention name of the position applied for in the “subject” line of your email. Applications must be submitted on or before 15 May 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for final selection process.Swisscontact is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage female professionals to apply