জীবন ও ক্যারিয়ার নিয়ে গড়া আমাদের ইউটিউব ভিডিও লাইব্রেরি – ভিজিট করুন।
এডিডি ইন্টারন্যাশনাল বাংলাদেশ এর নতুন নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
ADD INTERNATIONAL BANGLADESH: VACANCY
Project Manager: Mental Health
Project: Community-Based Mental Health Services for Children and Young People in Marginalised Communities.
Salary range: BDT 80,000 Gross per month (Commensurate with qualifications and experience) with others admissible as per organizations policies.
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh. The role will also involve significant travel within Bangladesh (up to 40% of the role).
Reports to: Head of Program
Line manages: Field Coordinator/Project Coordinator
Contract: Annual renewable as per project term
Applicants must be Bangladeshi citizens
Disabled candidates are particularly encouraged to apply and as a ‘disability confident employer’ ADD guarantees to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Disabled people living in poverty are among the most vulnerable, marginalised and discriminated people on earth. Often, they have no access to basic human rights, education or the opportunity to work. There are approximately 1 billion disabled people in the world according to the World Health Organisation, 80% live in developing countries – and around 150 million have very high levels of need. Shockingly small numbers of disabled children go to school leading to low literacy and low employment, and, for most disabled people, even basic health services are inaccessible. Disabled people are frequently discriminated against, stigmatised, and excluded from wider society – even by their own families. After many years of relentless campaigning, we are now beginning to see the global political will, high profile champions and relevant policies that are needed to respect the rights of disabled people around the world. ADD International has been at the heart of this global movement, ensuring that the voices of disabled people grow ever louder.
ABOUT ADD INTERNATIONAL.
For over 30 years ADD International has been supporting some of the world’s most remarkable disability activists working on the frontline of discrimination. We give them and their organisations the tools and resources to build powerful movements for change; and we make sure their voices are heard by global leaders and people with the power to make real change.
About ADD International Bangladesh.
ADD International has been working in Bangladesh since 1995. ADD is committed to work with persons with disability (PWD) to establish their rights and dignity by raising their voices as members of Disabled People Organizations at the grassroots level. ADD also works to implement the global and national policy instruments related to disability and development and mainstream PWD in all aspects of social, economic and political life. ADD International Bangladesh’s five year Country Strategy envisions a world where all persons with disabilities are free from discrimination and oppression, enjoying equality within an inclusive society. ADD International Bangladesh Program currently operates in North, South, Coastal, and Central geographical locations. ADD works with Disabled Peoples Organization (DPOs) to strengthen their individual and organizational capacities to participate more in the disability movement and their institutional sustainability. ADD in Bangladesh is a member of several networks and alliances with I/NGOs and Civil Society. Currently ADD International Bangladesh is implementing several projects with the potential to expand its engagement with PWD and their networks. The major program thematic areas ADD concentrates are: Economic Empowerment and Wellbeing; Social Political and Civic Rights of the Persons with Disability; Mental Health; Prevention of Gender based violence against Women and Girls; Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk reduction. All projects of ADD Bangladesh are implemented through DPOs, DPO Networks and partner NGOs.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
The project: Community-Based Mental Health (MH) Services for Children and Young People in Marginalised Communities Project’s goal is to develop a quality and inclusive community-based MH support system to improve the MH and wellbeing of underserved children and young people with mental health (CYMH), particularly girls and young women and those with multiple-disabilities, in Bangladesh. The project will do this by targeting systemic and attitudinal change, family/community engagement and service provider capacity.
The project will address key gaps in minimum healthcare services for CYMH, improving access to MH support and services and to their social and economic rights with support from their family and communities, with more dignity and reduced stigma and discrimination, leading to a better and healthier live. The project will be implemented in Dhaka, Bagerhat and Jashore districts in partnership with DPOs, NGOs and Research Institutions.
ABOUT project MANAGER POSITION.
The Project Manager plays the key leadership role to manage the overall project with implementing partners, including DPOs, in project locations. S/he will be expected to translate the project logframe into an implementation plan that delivers safely all project activities; as well as being responsible for overall implementation of these to ensure quality results; track progress; manage project fund compliance; draft timely reporting to donors; lead partnership coordination; and facilitate capacity assessment and improvement in a systematic way. S/he should be engaged in policy advocacy work with support from partners and undertake necessary engagement with various stakeholder groups, including the Government, as appropriate.
The postholder will have a strong background in project management as well as experience of working with persons with disability especially with psychosocial disability with a human rights approach. See outline of essential criteria below.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY.
- Providing strategic guidance to project staff members on Mental Health programming, including issues related to stereotypes towards and discrimination of people experiencing mental health challenges;
- Preparing an implementation plan taking into consideration the project’s logframe and setting deadlines for timely implementation with quality, ensuring the activities planned are safe and putting in place safeguarding mitigation measures;
- Working with project team members and partner organizations to deliver the expected outcomes and outputs with quality and quantity in a timely manner, implementing a set/cluster of activities;
- Leading the project’s policy and advocacy work, using project evidence, and tracking the implementation of the Mental Health Policy 2018 and the implementation of the National Disability Rights and Protection Act 2013, in line with the UNCRPD’s principles;
- Facilitating the forming and/or reactivation of the national forums and networks dedicated to mental health and service issues with a particularly focus on inclusion across all ages and genders;
- Project management, including reporting, preparing partnership agreements and ensuring contract compliance;
- Visiting partner organizations and DPOs in different locations in a planned way and tracking and documenting the progress of their work and ensuring compliance with ADD’s and donor partner’s requirements;
- Organising periodic meetings and consultations with partners, PWD/PPDs and with DPOs as per the project plan;
- Management and supervision of staff, ensuring internal coordination with other projects as appropriate;
- Working as part of the ADD Bangladesh Program Quality Team in coordination with other project managers and providing support as appropriate
- Organising/initiating knowledge management and capacity development and mentoring of project staff and partner DPOs on issues of disability and mental health in particular;
- Representation in various forum/networks/government meetings to increase ADD’s visibility and the mental health project’s and showcasing good practices;
- Engaging with members of ADD’s International Development (ID) support team, based in the UK, to ensure programming is in line with organisational and sector best practice.
- Master’s degree in Psychology/Clinical Psychology/Development Studies or in any other relevant discipline from a reputed University within and outside the country. Special training/diploma/ degree on a Mental Health related subject would add value.
- Commitment to human rights and particularly to implement a human rights approach to mental health and psychosocial issues in line with the UNCRPD.
- Project management experience, including managing budgets and implementation plans.
- Professional experience in national and international development NGOs for at least 5 years in similar positions (particularly in mental health).
- Experience in capacity building and training, particularly within the areas of disability and mental health.
- Good understanding of theory of change, logical frameworks and indicator setting.
- Ability to work in a team and adopt a team approach which adds value to work and reinforces good working practices.
- Have proficiency in facilitation skills and able to effectively handle discussions with a focus on both groups and individuals.
- Cross-culturally adept and willing to adhere/follow Child and Adult Vulnerable Safeguard issues; Gender sensitiveness; and Disability and Dignity issues.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a part of a team and to interact professionally with a culturally and linguistically diverse staff, program, and participants both within the office and outside.
- Ability to manage risk communication
- Ability to travel domestically for up to 40% of their time.
- Computer literacy with good command on both English and Bengali; report writing, preparation of policy briefs, case documents; financial management, budget preparation, variance analysis, control; good facilitation skills and presentation/representation of project and organization in both Bengali and English (oral and in writing); good interpersonal relations with a participatory leadership style .
- Have knowledge and a clear understanding on human rights and the rights of persons with disability along with national and international legal instruments on disability rights and national mental health policy.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including fluency in Bengali and English.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Practice participatory management and respect to diversity.
How to apply.
- Curriculum vitae (max 3 pages).
- Recent passport size photo.
- Letter of motivation, why you intend to join ADD International Bangladesh for this position (max 1 page) and please state your current or most recent salary.
- Completed ADD’s equal opportunities form.
- Names, contact numbers and addresses of 3 referees.
- Please send your application to: email@example.com by the closing date as specified.
- Application deadline: May 23, 2020
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. We are unfortunately only able to reply to those shortlisted candidates who will be called for the selection process.